Tuesday 1 March 2011

sneak peeks: on the needles

spring sneak peek

sometimes its more difficult than other times to get focused & just knit, sometimes knitting is about the very last thing i want to even think about lately, but i'm hanging in there, somethings gotta give (i haven't missed a day of knitting yet).  it's been the anticipation of spring weather, that is getting me excited to knit new things. so i've already decided the pieces in my head that i'd really like to be designing, make patterns for , get onto the needles , & keep my fingers crossed. i thought it might be more an kick in the ass for me if i posted some of the diy process of all this thankless handmade business. so, thought i would post some pics, & take more as new knits on needles comes up, & they will. hope this won't be too dull, & apologizes for my dying camera.

P1140327


spring sneak peek

spring sneak peek

still on the needles,still in the design tweaking process as well, & this is the second attempt, it always is frustrating in the beginning when trying to get a pattern just right, i'ii be re-knitting this bra/halter too, perhaps with a  longer ribbing, & perhaps i will have two versions, one with button closures, we'll see. (of course the cup size is too teeny even for me)
can't you just picture this merino nude verveine halter bra with a vintage sheer blouse unbuttoned & knotted at the waist, paired with some high waisted slacks?
& incase you might be wondering why not knit in cotton, well i thought cotton too at first, btu cotton has no stretch memory, & cotton sags & gets very quickly out of shape once wet, ect, & so merino is the very best way to go, & super soft next tot he skin... everyone is worth some merino wool from Uruguay 


spring sneak peek

it's going to be a cropped sweater, perfect over a blouse or on its own too of course!
the wool is knit with the most amazing thick & thin spun alpaca too!
this is coming off the needles, to be re-worked too, but it is very close to what i envisioned, damn math & figuring out my gauge gets me everytime...


spring sneek peek wools & hues
sneak peek of the textures & hues & wools:
100% merino wool, made in Uruguay  (colorway:nude verveine)
also,100% alpaca thick & thin spun wool
(colourway: slate grey & french creme)


what the hell colour is this?nude taupe?

at my desk/computer/knitting area

spring sneak peek


10 comments:

  1. everything looks super luxurious Tara-Lynn! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. (super excited to touch everything O_O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that halter looks beautiful!!

    also, i had my first ice cap of the year on the weekend. i see you're way ahead of me. ;)

    ps: i'm coming home in august. i'll be seeing youuuu! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah! that bra is going to be amazing! I can't wait to purchase one - the idea of wearing it under something sheer is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all those colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how are you drinking ice caps during roll up the rim season! that's madness!
    i have the utmost respect for your patience - these all look like they'll be amazing. hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love seeing your knitting progress! also, the red top you are wearing is freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i do love the sneak peeks so far... the bra/halter looks amazing! the colour...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see how that jumper turns out. I'm getting my nan to knit me a cropped cardi at the moment due to my lack of knitting skills ie I'm very impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait until those bikini tops are in your store! I have a weakness for dusty rose crocheted bikini tops. Like, really. I have one crochet dusty rose bikini at the moment and have had others in the past. I look forward to seeing them, hopefully getting one if I can!

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy, please leave me a comment!