Tuesday 10 August 2010

6 girls & a 2rm apt in greenwich village, 1954


i haven't been purposely  neglectful of my blog, in contrast i've just  been knitting as much as possible,without a breakdown or throwing out my shoulders (so far), as i've been  knitting inventory for the shop, (because after all it really is just me knitting everything) so that it is indeed now all entirely ready made + ready to ship, so that now i can focus on PUCES POP in montreal (can't believe i got in, thanks for the push sam)& also for boutiques for fall. i'm so damn anxious...
although these remarkable vintage photos, have nothing to do with any of this knitting/shop anxiety, it is  my attempt at a break from knitting & a chance to make a blog post.












6 girls in a 2 room apartment in greenwich village, nyc, 1954, lisa larsen

8 comments:

  1. I love the old photos. Good luck with your knits at Puces Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaand, they manage to make it look cute...though we know it was probably bedlam. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, where are these photos from?? They're all so lovely.

    Good luck at Puces Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos!! and yep, they look great on the same outfit I don't allow anybody to see me!!

    knit, knit, knit... I'm intrigued on what you're doing!!
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so amazing! To be young and rebellious in NYC in the 50s!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tara-lynn
    I love your blog, I have been missing your pictures of late, but it's understandable, somebody's got to be knitting up all that goodness.
    I'm wondering if you have ever thought about offering advertising, I didn't see any on your page.
    I would be interested in it if you were....
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, I would have rather left my comment through my more checked email address, but since I had to use my gmail account to comment let me leave my other email if you do want to get back to me...i'm so scattered!
    Twigogallery@yahoo.com
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy, please leave me a comment!