Thursday 21 January 2010

book to film

an education, written by lynn barber (screenplay by nick hornby), & directed by lone scherfig

sometimes (ok maybe even most times) turning a book into a movie is an utter disappointment, yet in the cases of these very different movies, i thought they were just stunning & pure amazing films! at the moment i'm reading the secret lives of pippa lee by rebecca miller, i'm crossing my fingers on how it will turn out on fim...

the road, written by cormac mccarthy & directed by john hilcoat

where the wild things are, written by maurice sendak & directed by spike jonze

fantastic mr fox, written by ronald dahl & directed by wes anderson


4 comments:

  1. I watched a feature on the making of Fantastic Mr Fox, and Wes Anderson stayed at the house where Roald Dahl lived - and his widow lives now, while writing the screenplay. He modeled a lot of the set after pieces that were actually in the house. It was pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the road, I like the book very much and Viggo Mortensen is one of my favourit artists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked both the book and film version of What's Eating Gilbert Grape. both are favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. read some internet gossip somewhere that viggo may "retire" from acting! oh nooooo

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy, please leave me a comment!